logo

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Registry Editing has been disabled by your Administrator [Fix]

by Sushma Verma 0 comments


Every now and then when I try to fix up someones computer or laptop (for free :D) then I usually get a message that "Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator". Thanks to the malicious code for screwing this up. I recently face this while I was trying to fix my brother's IBM Thinkpad. So I am sharing the same procedure of fixing that issue as I might need it again (Believe me I got friends who don't even use AntiVirus and run into problems).

Solution #1

# Go to Start -> Run –> type gpedit.msc
# In the left hand menu, go to User Config –> Administrative Templated –> System.
# Now In the right hand pane, select “Prevent access to registry editing tools”. It will probably be not configured or enabled. If it’s enabled, disable it and if it’s not configured, first enable it, apply settings and then disable it. Most probably the settings have been applied instantly. If not, then run gpupdate in command prompt to apply the group policies.

Solution #2

# Go to Start -> Run -> type


REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

# Press Enter and you are done!

Pretty simple. Isn't it?

Thanks to the source!

Comments 0 comments