logo

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Portable Applications

by Sushma Verma 0 comments


I hate working with different Applications other than ma favourite ones. For Example: If my NET is bugging me, I would go to a friend's place for doing my stuff! But there might be a possibility that he is not available or even his NET is making him nuts, then I would left with last option of "Cyber-Cafe".
I hate using any internet browser other than firefox without the convenience of ma handy extensions. I miss my bookmarks, my messenger and all my settings when working on PCs other than of my own. I finally got a awesome solution for this!!
Feel like sharing with others coz they might also suffer with what I used to.
So,

What exactly is a Portable Application?
Well a Portable App is a computer program that you can carry around with you on a portable device and use on any Windows computer. When your USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod or other portable device is plugged in, you have access to your software and personal data just as you would on your own PC. And when you unplug the device, none of your personal data is left behind.
With it you can


  • Carry your web browser with all your favorite bookmarks
  • Carry your calendar with all your appointments
  • Carry your email client with all your contacts and settings
  • Carry your instant messenger and your buddy list
  • Carry your whole office suite along with your documents and presentations
  • Carry your antivirus program and other computer utilities
  • Carry all your important passwords and account information securely
  • Have your favorite websites handy to recommend to a friend or colleague
  • Have your presentation AND the required software ready to go for that big meeting
  • Have your password with you if you want to bank online while traveling
  • Have utilities handy when visiting family or friends that are having PC problems
You can get it all for free here :




I would recommend downloading
"Portable App Menu"
which acts as a integrated start menu bundled with the platform and looks like one on left. The App chosen by you can be integrated in this App menu (Highly Recommended).
So, Get ready to take your world with you!!










If you are unable to find a particular App for your work, leave a comment here and I will help you find one.

Comments 0 comments