logo

Friday, June 22, 2007

Minor Bug in Adsense and Orkut

by Sushma Verma 8 comments


Google doesn't need any kind of introduction and all of us know Orkut is owned by Google. Google is famous for its efficiency in searching data over the internet. It helps you to find what you need. Consider reading this: Optimize your "Search" on Search Engines for getting results the way you want.
Lets come to orkut now! The very much popular social communtiy that enables you to keep in touch with your friends or with whatever you can find in the communities. Consider reading this:
Save your Orkut account from getting hacked!!
Everybody must have heard that nobody knows how does it work exactly but the thing we are concerned with is that it is a cut above the rest. (Old Joke - Google has rocket scientists working for them)
This post is not anything about technical stuff. I am just reporting minor bugs from the big giant Google that amazes me and ask a question to myself everytime I look at them. Are they unable to find it or fix it?
Here are some screenshots showing some minor bugs!

Here is a simple addition mistake! ($13.32 + $0.33 + $0.20 = $13.85) And it is showing $13.84



Here, my friends count is different! Even I don't know if I have 137 or 139 friends. Lolz!!


And here is the bug that irritates me the most. It keeps on showing "1 unread messages" but when inbox is opened it shows "no messages" and "showing 1-1 of 1".
Update: This bug has been fixed now!

Update: Now, even the number of fans are displayed incorrectly!


Update:
Need to say anything about this!


I hope they should be fixed soon! How can they ignore such a bug?
Well the question still remains "Are they unable to find it or fix it?
What you say? Do comment on this!

Comments 8 comments
Anonymous said...

yes i've noticed these bugs too.

as far as orkut goes, my explanation would be: the numbers on the front page and the number of friends on the friends list box vary because both of them are maybe not synced to count pending friend request.

and above all i think you should grey out details like profile pictures of your contacts in the friends list. just so for privacy reasons.

(pss: that picture of a girl in blue there, i am guessing that is the profile of a friend i know)

Ashfame said...

Hello Sindhu!
Welcome here, Actually my friend count is 142 out which 4 requests are opened. So I guess it should display 138 friends but it keeps on showing 137 or 139. And regarding that picture, she is my college friend!

Anonymous said...

I too had this Orkut bugs and I had even blogged about it. These are minor bugs and there are quite a few of them in Orkut.

Ashfame said...

Nirmal,
Gone through your post!
Next time do give a link to your post in such a reference. Here is the link to Nirmal's post for others: http://www.nirmaltv.com/2007/03/14/orkut-bug/

Vishal said...

ya i agree
bugs do entered the orkut
i hv had once with the no. of friends.It's become quite commom now.

Ashfame said...

Welcome here, Vishal!

Anonymous said...

I noticed that AdSense bug long time ago.
Give me back my few cents! ;)

Ashfame said...

deejay,
They show only a error in displaying the total. Everything else is fine, I didn't loose any of my money.
BTW, I have updated the post with one more orkut bug!

Ashfame
I am a tech freak who loves to share.
Homepage : Ashfame.com
You can mail me at ashishsainiashfam[at]gmail[dot]com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
feed

Subscribe feeds rss From Other Blog

Advertise on this site Sponsored links

Categories

Sponsored Links